This week’s Tuesday 10 topic is:
10 Things I Do To Start My Day
Happy International Coffee Day! Can you believe I didn’t use to be much of a coffee drinker? Now I’m a bit of an addict, thanks Baby H. Today’s prompt is fun – what do we do to start our day, does it include coffee? Well, yes, yes it does.
- First things first, answer the call of nature.
- Next I take my thyroid medication and do the dance at the sink (you know, brushing teeth, etc etc).
- Then, cause my little one is normally still sleeping, I go pump breast milk. I don’t know how long this will be part of my morning routine, but for now, I pump.
- And I drink water while I pump, because starting the day hydrated is important.
- Then comes the closet dance – the I have nothing to wear! dance.
- Hurray then it is time for breakfast. I grab my overnight oatmeal jar from the fridge and make myself a bowl to heat up in the microwave.
- As that is heating up, I make my delicious cup of coffee. And prepare my tall coffee cup to go for my drive to work. Because drinking all the coffee is how I start my day.
- Then I go wake up Baby H, dress him, and give him the breast milk I pumped that morning.
- Then we sit down together, him on my lap, and share my bowl of oatmeal. It might be my favorite part of the morning.
- Then I kiss my sweet little boy goodbye, leave him in good hands with our nanny, and get in the car to drive to work.
And there you have it, a list of how I start my day. Weekends are quite a bit different. They usually end up with pulling the little boy into the bed and nursing him till we both fall asleep again. I like weekends. That’s the new “sleeping in” for parents lol.