I love to write lists, so for this week’s #1Word I am recalling some of the times in my life my expectations were shattered.
5 Times my Expectations were Shattered
- High School was not as scary as we were made to believe in Middle School (aka Junior High). Freshmen did not get canned, teachers were not evil (well, most of them), and the scariest part was getting to know a new school.
- College (University), on the other hand, was much more difficult than I expected, both in the course load (thank you Engineering classes) and in finding my place and making friends.
- Turning 30 was not traumatic (however, turning 20 was – go figure). I’m afraid to know how 40 will feel though.
- Moving halfway across the country away from my parents was easier than I thought, at the time. It is hard having them far away now though.
- Having a child was so much more earth-shattering and life-altering than I could ever imagine.